The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need something to cover a 210g. HC and dhg are not cutting it, the discus keep thinking its food and it will not stay down.

Tank has co2, aquasoil, and highlight.

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
Glosso, you'll get a carpet in no time with co2 and aquasoil.
Agreed. Glosso is probably your best option, especially since it sounds like you have a decent amount of light over the tank.

Rancunculus inundatus is also a nice foreground plant, but it doesn't grow that fast and is hard to find in large quantities. Great plant to use as a transition between the foreground and the mid ground through.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I once spent 4 hours planting glosso in a tank. Two weeks later there was none left. Doesn't like hard water I hear. So check its needs with your tank parameters before you start planting it : )

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
The nice thing about Glosso is that, while it does needs CO2, it doesn't need much. Just a small DIY system will really have it taking off.

If you're not doing CO2 injection, you'll have to settle for slower growers. Lilaeopsis mauritiana, staurogyne repens, and the grassy plants like dwarf hair grass are great foreground plants. These plants also have the advantage of giving your tank a more unique look, in order to avoid the monotony of HC+glosso tanks (like mine).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts