The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for good books on Aquarium plants....looking for something that has plant profiles, showcases many plants, and how to effectively grow them, any suggestions?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I like Aquarium Plants Mini Encyclopedia by Peter Hiscock. It nicely profiles common plants and has a good overview of 'how to'.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I like Aquarium Plants Mini Encyclopedia by Peter Hiscock. It nicely profiles common plants and has a good overview of 'how to'.

I like this one as well. It is geared toward the beginner and doesn't have all the plants you will see mentioned here. Its a very good book.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Aquarium Plant Book

Good morning Gafi...

I picked up a good one through Amazon last week called "The 101 Best Aquarium Plants" by Mary E. Sweeney. It's small enough to carry in your pocket if needed.

Another good reference is Vincent Hargreaves book "The Complete Book of the Freshwater Aquarium". It has separate sections on plants and fish. It's a large book, not something you can carry around.

The Peter Hiscock book is good too. I have it in hardback and the "mini" in paperback. It's a little outdated though. Some of the plant information changes periodically, so you need to keep a fairly new reference.

B

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.