The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to build my own acrylic tank and would like to get everything precut to my exact specs and for it to not cost over a grand in sheets, if anyone has had experience with a business in orange county california that cuts and sells acrylic i am looking for recommendations as the last one i found tried selling me sheets of 3/8" for over 150 a peice 48x64"

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Unless you have years of experience building acrylic tanks, you are going to be much better off having one built for you. There's a shop just south of the Fullerton airport that does reasonable, high quality work. Advance acrylic was the name, I'm pretty sure. His user name on eBay is macilwu. If you're still hell bent on building it yourself, he could probably point you in the right direction.

·
Plant Clown
4,735 Posts
3/8" four feet by five+ feet at $150 doesn't sound horrible, actually.

I understand that building your own tank is a worthwhile goal, and I understand and support that kind of DIY project. It's amazing to look at something and be able to claim complete ownership. Just keep in mind that a tank is a small (and sometimes tiny) fraction of the cost of a complete setup. Stand, lighting, substrate, filtration, CO2, flora and fauna massively increase the total cost.

That being said, good luck! As long as you're doing it for "love of the game" rather than cost reduction, you have my 110% support.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.