The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, its been a while since I've been around here. Hope everyone is doing fine.

I'm going to pick up a 55gal tank for my son's room in a couple of days, and he has decided he wants African cichlids. A few months, maybe even a year ago, someone on here posted pictures of his cichlid tank; he had the best DIY cave background I've seen.

As far as I can recall, it consisted of PVC elbows run through some sort of material that was secured to the background. If anyone could recall the material, or find the particular post I'm referring to, it would be awesome.

I've spent all afternoon googling and searching several forums, but to no avail. I'm hoping I'm not going bonkers, I'm a bit too young for that still. :p

And furthermore, if anyone simply has any suggestions for a cave system background, lets hear it. Thanks!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Search the journal section for the title "Fish bridge". The owner built 2 really cool rock sculptures and the method is detailed. Sorry for short message im posting on playstation.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Fishbreath is the expert on doing this type of thing, and it is his journal that details how he did it. I've been encouraging him/her to do a thread here so it is easier for people to find. It is a great technique he uses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.