1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-75gallon tank, 25 gallon sump
-2 noT5 lights on 12 hrs a day
-stocked and fed well enough to keep my Nitrates at 10-20 throughout the week
-I have dry ferts, potassium, iron, micros, and nitrate.
-medium amount of plants
-DIY yeast CO2

Every monday I do 50% water change
so I was thinking
MONDAY
-1/2 tsp potassium
-1/4 tsp micro
-1/4tsp iron

WEDNESDAY and FRIDAY
-1/4 tsp potassium
-1/4 tsp micro
no iron

suggestions?? Should I up the iron? up the micro? up the potassium to 1/2 tsp 3x a week???

Thanks

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think that you're not supposed to do macros and trace on the same day. Or at least there has to be a certain amount of time before them. You should just do your macro's on one day, and trace on the other.

Here's what I do in my 75 gallon tank (2x54w t5ho & pressurized co2)

Sunday - 50% water change / 3/4 tsp KNO3 / 1/4 tsp KH2P04 / 1/4 tsp K2SO4 / 1/t tsp GH Booster
Monday - 1/8 tsp Trace
Tuesday- 3/4 tsp KNO3 / 1/4 tsp KH2P04 / 1/4 tsp K2SO4
Weds - 1/8 tsp Trace
Thurs - 3/4 tsp KNO3 / 1/4 tsp KH2P04 / 1/4 tsp K2SO4
Friday - 1/8 tsp Trace
Saturday - Drink Beer

I also dose some Excel everyday. I have recently started using Flourish Potassium because I ran out of K2SO4 and had forgotten to buy a new bag when I ordered my last shipments of ferts.

I also dose Flourish Iron once a week.

Your lighting period is probably too long. I would start off around 8 hours and work up if you, because you might have an algae problem. Especially if you're doing DIY CO2.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I do because I have regular old gravel. I have heard mixed opinions on how effective they are. I use them. I think there are people on here who sell home made versions for much cheaper. People also use osmocote fertilizer. I think you can freeze it in icecubes and then put the icecubes in your substrate.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
any other thoughts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.