The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a light for a 29 Gallon tank that's not super expensive but will grow my low light plants in the tank (anubias, crypt, Java Moss) I want a cheap one because I am going to be moving that tank to a smaller one in a few months after I get some stuff figured out with my saltwater system so if anyone knows one or has a good one for sale let me know I want LEDs also thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
566 Posts
You could buy 2-3 desk lamps from walmart and put 13 watt 6500k bulbs in them. It would give you low to medium light and cost like 20-30 bucks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Where are you located? I might be looking to get rid of a 30" T5 from my 20g long for relatively cheap.

·
Registered
461 Posts
What's your budget?
Like 100 max

You could buy 2-3 desk lamps from walmart and put 13 watt 6500k bulbs in them. It would give you low to medium light and cost like 20-30 bucks.
I just want one light because it's in the kitchen so I don't want it to look like crap

Where are you located? I might be looking to get rid of a 30" T5 from my 20g long for relatively cheap.
I want to get away from T5 but I will let u know and I live in mid Missouri

·
Registered
49 Posts
No worries. In that case, Have you looked into the finnex stingray? They are very cheap, about $60 tax included for a 30" fixture, and are great for low tech aquariums. The planted+ and 24/7 are at the top of your budget, but provide more light, and are adjustable to your needs. I bought a stingray, that's why I'm considering selling my T5.

·
Registered
752 Posts
For Finnex and under $100 I would go with a 30" Planted Plus 24/7 in the kitchen.

For less expensive I would go with a Beamswork EA so you can add the timer for day/night lights.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone I think I got my LFS hooking me up with one but I will be back when I get all my new FW tanks set up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts