The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago I was going to by a Planted+, but then they got pulled from Canada. Seems that they are not CSA or cUL listed. I know they can be cross-boarder shopped but personally I put stock in safety listings, especially for something left on all day while no one is home. Now I see BuildMyLED has dropped out of the game (incidentally their products always were listed). Can anyone suggest a comparable lineup, available in Canada, which wont break the bank? Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm also in Canada and looking for a LED system for my 48" long 80G. Presently have a T5HO setup over open water.

- Keep in mind that the Current LED+ and Current LED+Pro are known to burn out when placed directly over open water.

- Same for the Ecoxotic E-Series when placed directly over open water.

- The newer Fluval Fresh&PLant 2.0 seems like a strong light and can be placed directly over open water. Its also pricey with limited options on it, unless you buy the Wi-Fi attachment that is also pricey and seems super basic.

·
Registered
13,144 Posts
I'm also in Canada and looking for a LED system for my 48" long 80G. Presently have a T5HO setup over open water.

- Keep in mind that the Current LED+ and Current LED+Pro are known to burn out when placed directly over open water.

- Same for the Ecoxotic E-Series when placed directly over open water.

- The newer Fluval Fresh&PLant 2.0 seems like a strong light and can be placed directly over open water. Its also pricey with limited options on it, unless you buy the Wi-Fi attachment that is also pricey and seems super basic.
Well it can program 2 channels for 2 lights..so not sooo basic.. but $85-ish is a bit steep..

The "package" is a bit high.. considering..

Briefly watched the programming video.. ..
https://youtu.be/0UFszuRE30M

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.