The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of replacing the substrate in one of my tanks with 3M Crystal Quartz in Black, but I want to know what it looks like first. If someone is using it as a substrate in their current running tanks, may I stop by to see how it looks? I want to see how it looks and whether or if it will easily get blown around with filter current.

·
PT Biologist
3,220 Posts
Get the T-grade, the S-grade gets blown around when a tetra swims by. The T-grade will hold a slope almost forever.

·
Collectoritis Patient
2,322 Posts
Here's the link for finding a distributor near you. http://www.3m.com/product/information/Colorquartz-Aggregate.html!

Click on the link for Colorquartz Aggregate and then follow the Where To Buy link at the top right of the next page.

The T-grade black is the one you want. It should be about $25.00-$30.00 for a 50 lb. bag. The color is as dark or darker than Aquasoil Amazonia and it won't get blown around in the filter. This is by far the densest substrate I have used to date and I've used them all. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.