The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So check out the fish I got for $13.00!!! I love it when fish stores hire newbies that don't know crap about fish, especially the species of their fish. So I went to one of my local fish stores to check out their cichlid selection...... Well they had what I knew was a distinguished species of cichlid in their medium Jack Dempsey tank......

So I ask the employee the price of this"particular fish" in the Jack Dempsey tank, and he tells me "every fish in that tank is $12.99 just like the tag says", so I tell him to bag me that fish, so he bags it, and marks it at $12.99. So I go to the register to check out, and even the store manager doesn't catch the mistake.

Needless to say I got me a AA Grade King Kamfa Flowerhorn for $13.00!!!!!

These pictures do NOT give this fish the justice it deserves!!! The colors are SOOO much better in person!!!!

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Nice score. A flowerhorn tank has been one of those things I want to do after college. Do they do well in planted tanks?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I love Flowerhorns!!!! As for price wise for this grade & strain of Flowerhorn runs around $100+ and they do NOT do well in planted tanks, they will shred live plants to hell.

The more commonly found & sold is the grade B- Red Dragon Zhen Zhu Flowerhorn, which does even come close to the coloration that a grade AA King Kamfa Flowerhorns are well known for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.