The Planted Tank Forum banner

Look at this steal ;)

1104 9
Hey guys, the store I work at put this on clearance today... For $20!!! It is the Fluval EBI "nano shrimp habitat, 30L or 7.9 gallons. It included the tank, background, thermometer, shrimp mineral supplement (don't need), tap water additive (also don't need), shrimp food, and shrimp net. So basically it didn't come with the filter, substrate, or light. However, I knew I had all 3 at home and I bought this baby! It's truly beautiful.

I need YOUR help now!
I need hardscape ideas!
I was going to buy some river stones at my store tomorrow, but I really have no idea about much of it. I'm going to put a grassy sag/val in the background, as well as some ludwigia. I may leave the foreground open. What should I use as a focal point? I'm thinking some piece of wood with some java ferns attached.

What do you think??

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Careful with that background they've been known to pop off unexpectedly and since it's made of styrofoam the buoyancy will knock your lights off and then some ... You should remove and resilicone it yourself trust me mine came right off with just a light tug. Btw awesome deal I paid $130 at petco for mine

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I filled the tank.

Plants are:
4 crypts wendtii var. red
3 stems of ludwigia sp.
and 5 stems of a grassy plant I have not identified yet

I'll put some snails in after work to start the cycle

In the end I'll probably just put some shrimp in it.

Any suggestions? :D

·
Registered
666 Posts
That's exactly what I'm looking for to build an underwater waterfall in.

Great buy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.