The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
you are looking at a very limited selection there, and they won't be too fast without a set of swiss bearings. I was trying to find one that I stumbled upon a few weeks ago with really big wheels and a plastic deck, but I can't find it. Do you want to use it for fun or transport? Obviously being in Illinois it won't be such good transport in a month or so.

·
Nerd Alert.
5,719 Posts
Have you looked into building one? (i.e. buying the deck, wheels, bearings separate)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought my longboard from a "Play It Again Sports" outside of Boston. The board was actually new; a cheaper brand called Paradise Longboards. It was just under $100. I think it is great to start out on an inexpensive board. I also picked up some barely used wrist guards, which came in a handy a few times.

·
Nerd Alert.
5,719 Posts
I have a gravity longboard that I just used to get around campus. I got it off of craigslist for pretty cheap. Don't buy a new one since you don't know if you sill stick with it.

^^Great idea, look around for a used one. There might be a good one right now because we are going into winter.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow thanks for all the feedback. i know that winter is coming soon so i was going to find one and then buy it in the summer.
i know my price range is really low but i am mainly wanting to get it for fun.
i have a nice bike for transport, and i was just wanting one to mess around with my friends
so thanks and keep up the feedback

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.