The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Pelvicachromis Lover!
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if anyone here even remembers me, but I used to post on here a lot a couple of years ago. I got really busy and went back to school, and next thing I knew, my time was gone. I never intended to just disappear without a word, but you know how those things go. I graduated last May (yay!! :D), and although I will be going to grad school, I have more free time at the moment.

I still have all my tanks, but they're not in as great of shape. I stopped dosing ferts and CO2 so most of my prized plants eventually lost out. I have the dreaded algae issues, of course, since things aren't balanced. But all in all, not too bad. I kept most of my fish. Lost some torpedo barbs (roseline sharks) and added a bunch of pelvicachromis juvies (my favorites!). Other than that, things just remained stable.

Now that I have more time, I'm thinking of getting the CO2 going again. I don't want to invest as much time into my tanks as I did before, but I'd like for them to look better than they do now, and I have all the equipment so it's such a shame to have it sitting there going to waste.

Anyway, wanted to say hi to anyone who's here that might remember me, and a nice to meet ya to everyone else! :D

·
Pelvicachromis Lover!
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, everyone! :smile:

Higher Thinking, your ID fits your endeavors well. Best of luck to you with your upcoming graduation! It's so funny when you finally graduate, but you're still waiting for that next paper to be due, the next exam to study for, the next whatever... and it never comes! LOL!

kamikazi, nice to meet you!

sewingalot, I'm doing great! I'm thinking of firing up the CO2 again. I missed my pretty tanks. I was looking at pics of how they used to look, and the lack of CO2 and ferts really shows. I hope you're doing good, too!

·
Pelvicachromis Lover!
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Comment made! I wish you good luck with winning the CO2 system. You'll love it if you get it!

·
Pelvicachromis Lover!
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
VICKI!!! HOLY CRAP!!!!!!! I was just wondering the other day what you were up to!!! Welcome back, and CONGRATULATIONS on graduating! WOOHOO!!! I totally get what you mean with the busy, I started grad school last fall and was a bit AWOL myself, especially first semester when I was getting back into the grove of being a student (4+ years off really makes you forget how to budget your time as a student :hihi:)

Anyway, I know your tanks don't look as great now, but we'd love thread updates anyway! ;)

And I agree with demonr6, go low tech (though you know me, I'm a bit biased given that all of my tanks are low tech ;)) but still, it really is a great way to balance the lack of extra time but still having a nice tank. Granted....if you already have the equipment.....;)

Anyway, it's great to "see" you back! :biggrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.