The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All!
I have a tank of mostly Zebra Danios and Black Mollies. All of the fish in the tank are probably around 4 years old, excluding some baby danios. A year into the tank, so about 3 years ago. I bought 3 crown loaches because I had a huge snail problem. Very soon after I introduced the loaches, the snails vanished. Soon after that I moved and left the card of the tank to my mom. This summer, I finally got my tank moved and now I have all of the danios and mollies, but only 1 loach.

Now the question is, what should I do with this 1 lonely loach? Leave it? Give it away? Eat it? ha.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
HI All!
I have a tank of mostly Zebra Danios and Black Mollies. All of the fish in the tank are probably around 4 years old, excluding some baby danios. A year into the tank, so about 3 years ago. I bought 3 crown loaches because I had a huge snail problem. Very soon after I introduced the loaches, the snails vanished. Soon after that I moved and left the card of the tank to my mom. This summer, I finally got my tank moved and now I have all of the danios and mollies, but only 1 loach.

Now the question is, what should I do with this 1 lonely loach? Leave it? Give it away? Eat it? ha.

What do you guys think?

I would look for possibly someone with larger tank and who also had clown loaches and give the fish to them.
At three years old,the clown loach should be around four or five inches. A bit too large for 29 gal considering the swimming room they enjoy.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I agree with roadmaster….

I have a 90 gallon with 1 large (5.5”) and 6 small (2.5”). All of my small ones have broken patterns on them. Some puzzle pieces and some dots. My large loach was very shy and would never come out when I lost the two other companions. When I got the 6 small it warmed up and is now swimming around with them. I can hand feed the small loaches. I almost have the large one within feeding range.

To make a long story short. Clown loaches need a lot of room, due to full size at 16”. Nice current in the water. And 3 or more clowns for companion ship. They are very social fish.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot for the advice. I will give my LPS a ring tomorrow and tell them that I have to put a loach up for adoption.

Thanks again,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts