The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't let this happen to you;
http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/for/326074784.html

i bought a 300 gal. tank last sunday(4-22-07) size is 96" long 24" width 31"high now it wont fit to go to my basement .. i spent $2100 plus $250 shipping .. so im selling it now for $1700 .. email for picture tank is sitting on the garage with srink wrap on it ... tank is so heavy need atleast 6 guys to move it . email me jason

·
Registered
862 Posts
So when are you gonna go pick it up?

·
Registered
98 Posts
proper Prior Planing!! That all I have to say.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jason, I had an idea you might want to try. ask the glass tank
fabricator how much it would cost to unseal then reseal the tank! if
they unseal it, you could then take each glass section and top frame
parts down to your basement, then have them reseal it using clamps
that they can lend you to hold it together till it all cures. That
way you can get it down to your basement, instead of taking a major
loss on reselling it as is. Just a thought... good luck, -Joey

-------------

joey , thanks for your thought .. i already call them they wont do it they said they are not from here new york ..... now im working on taking apart the boiler room maybe this summer thats my other option ..... i'll keep posted ..... thanks dude . jason

-------------

I see, well, tank building is not a unique skill.
perhaps a local tank fabricator will do it for you.
It certainly can't hurt to look around and ask. -Joey

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Joey, when I first read this thread, I thought this happened to you, and it was very unlike you.

Now it makes sense.

5 years ago A friend's husband had to have his living room window removed to put bring in a rear projection television.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I just have to ask... What is the structure of your basement like? Is the doorway wooden framed or just cement structured where you are attempting to get the tank through? I know a guy that had a problem with this and he finally removed the doorframe and cut away through the wall (all wood) then after moving the tank into place he rebuilt the wooden frame and wall.

Wallaa! His tank was in...PERMANENTLY!

Doug

·
Registered
623 Posts
hehe thats why you measure before you buy :D

Wow who was that shipped with? Im surprised you even took that chance at shipping something so large, heavy and fragile.

·
Registered
54 Posts
We have ppl do this when buying Safes all the time! Amazing how they think you can just 'shove' a solid safe through a door that is an inch or two smaller than the safe itself.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
We have ppl do this when buying Safes all the time! Amazing how they think you can just 'shove' a solid safe through a door that is an inch or two smaller than the safe itself.
LOL, with the right people pushing, and enough speed you can! But they won't be happy :eek5:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.