The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a long time coming but i finally put my 3 gallon tank to good use.

Substrate: Akadama
Lighting: Arcadia Arc Pod 11W Daylight bulb (8 hours)
Co2: DIY yeast co2 system
ffertilisers: 6 x root tablets, 3 x week micro+marco nutrients, Easylife Profito and Easylife easyCarbo daily.
plants: Hydrocotyle sp. Japan and Micranthemum Micranthemoides (for the time being).
Filter: Not to sure, but filter media is being seeded by my main tank.

Day 1
Firstly, i apologise for the quality of the picture as it was taken from my iPhone. Just finished planting and flooding the tank. At this moment in time DIY co2 was not used. I think it was a couple of days later that i decided top add it. The Micranthemum Micranthemoides doesn't look good at the moment, completely my fault as i left it in the sunlight for too long when growing it emersed and it wilted. i did manage to rescue some of it. All plants for this journal was grown emersed before planting in the aquarium.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Day 10
Have been injecting co2 for a week now and the results are encouraging. Hydrocotyle has grown quite alot and new Micranthemum Micranthemoides stems starting to appear. I have an old pierce of dirftwood that is being soaked (taking ages for it to sink), which should give the scape a bit more depth. Here how it looks:

What do you think i should stock in this tank? anything that i can improve on?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Day 20

Very happy with how things are going. Everything seems to be growing in well. The Micranthemum Micranthemoides is starting to take off so i hopefully will have a carpet soon. Hyrdrocotyle is growing out of control. I decide to add a few Elocharis Acicularis just to see iy can bring to the scape. No signs of algae, tank is still cycling. I am currently not happy with filter and might go for the BOYU 150L/H external filter. I decided not include the driftwood after all, as i wanted to try a scape with plants only. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks driftwoodhunter, i'm excited and can't wait till it does. Will prob give the hydrocotyle a trim to promote new growth and make it more denser.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks, it's just natural growth. i think a tank looks so much better when you just let nature takes it course.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i was going to use driftwood but then i thought, let me see what i can achieve with just plants. i'm interested in adding Hc and pogostemon helferi.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts