The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know of people with knowledge in fish and plants in my area, I have not seen anybody in: Burbank, Hollywood, San Fernando Valley, Glendale, I am in Burbank, please let me know so we can socialize and exchange ideas and experience.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am down here in South OC, about an hour away without traffic. I have a small crew into tanks, always down to socialize!

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I would like to know of people with knowledge in fish and plants in my area, I have not seen anybody in: Burbank, Hollywood, San Fernando Valley, Glendale, I am in Burbank, please let me know so we can socialize and exchange ideas and experience.
I'm in the SFV, although a little more West of you (a little past the 405). :)

I might be going to the SCUBA meet on 9/13. Also planning to make the rounds of local shops this weekend, as I need to scare up a new Electric Blue Ram to replace mine, which died tonight. :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm from Burbank... but my knowledge in planted tanks and other stuff are basically limited hence the reason for joining this forum to get more knowledge. I think thats mostly the reason for joining this forum anyway... Aside from here I usually get ideas from people at pet stores like tropical imports in Glendale or Burbank Pets and Scales...

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Before last June, I knew absolutely nothing about Planted tanks. Thanks to this forums wealth of knowledge provided by its members, I can pretty much hold my own when it comes to planted tank talk.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Before last June, I knew absolutely nothing about Planted tanks. Thanks to this forums wealth of knowledge provided by its members, I can pretty much hold my own when it comes to planted tank talk.
Yup, similar story here, I joined about 6 months after you. :)

It doesn't take long before you start realizing that, with a few notable exceptions, most pet store people don't know diddly about real planted tanks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm from Glendale, and I just started researching a few weeks ago so I can't really chime in with some useful tips; Furthermore, if there are any meets in the 818 area let me know.

·
Registered
466 Posts
There will be a meet for SCAPE @ Pet Supreme in Sylmar, our new sponsor, sometime in the upcoming months. I'll get back to you on the exact date. Join the club and you get 10% discounts from our sponsors. I'm in North Hollywood by the way.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
There will be a meet for SCAPE @ Pet Supreme in Sylmar, our new sponsor, sometime in the upcoming months. I'll get back to you on the exact date. Join the club and you get 10% discounts from our sponsors. I'm in North Hollywood by the way.
Hey, Tyrone, can you drop me a PM? I've been trying to join SCAPE and have been having problems. Perhaps you can help, or put me in touch with someone who can?

·
Registered
190 Posts
It's cool to have 818 locals. My girlfriend lives in Sylmar, may I have a PM as well?

I would like to meet members on here and hang out.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Locals should join SCAPE (when possible... ;) ) and SCUBA. I went to the SCUBA meeting last weekend (West LA... easy to get to from the SFV, and we went by Nature Aquarium at the end of the meeting, always a happy pilgrimage!) and had a great time, and learned a bunch from the more experienced members. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
will try looking up SCAPE... but for the meantime i'll just keep browsing the forum for ideas... so far I've stuck myself on a super low maintainance set up of a 10g with a couple of goldfishes, some anubias on a driftwood and an led lamp from petco.... maybe when I plan on getting a bigger tank I'll try my hands on a much more advanced level of aquascaping... fingers crossed

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'm from Burbank... but my knowledge in planted tanks and other stuff are basically limited hence the reason for joining this forum to get more knowledge. I think thats mostly the reason for joining this forum anyway... Aside from here I usually get ideas from people at pet stores like tropical imports in Glendale or Burbank Pets and Scales...
I haven't been to Tropical Imports yet, been wanting to check it out. As far as freshwater stock, plants, fish etc. Do they carry exotic, hard to find species?

Hey, Tyrone, can you drop me a PM? I've been trying to join SCAPE and have been having problems. Perhaps you can help, or put me in touch with someone who can?
Pm'd

It's cool to have 818 locals. My girlfriend lives in Sylmar, may I have a PM as well?
I would like to meet members on here and hang out.
That's cool. Pm'd also

will try looking up SCAPE... but for the meantime i'll just keep browsing the forum for ideas... so far I've stuck myself on a super low maintainance set up of a 10g with a couple of goldfishes, some anubias on a driftwood and an led lamp from petco.... maybe when I plan on getting a bigger tank I'll try my hands on a much more advanced level of aquascaping... fingers crossed
Good luck to you in your ventures! Feel free to ask any questions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
so far the best place that I've been at with regards to plants and aquascaping stuff is CK Fish World in Azusa of the 10 in W. Covina... they had a wide selection of plants and they carry finnex and a number of nano tanks... with regards to tropical imports, they're ok but no so much variety with regards to plants and stuff... as for their fishes I cant comment so much on that aspect since I'm more of a goldfish guy and I only browse their goldfish stocks when they get new ones but so far the ones that I've got from them turned out to be healthy...

·
Registered
243 Posts
For plants I've had good luck at CK's, Nature Aquarium (my fav), Age of Aquariums. Nautilus is really close to me here in Long Beach and the owner seems very nice with a healthy selection of fish but little in the way of plants.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I want to check out CK when I get out that way. Heard good things about it. Nature Aquarium in Santa Monica is definitely worth the pilgrimage. I haven't been to CK to compare to NA in person, but I believe I've read Nature Aquarium is the best of the best, as far as planted tanks in SoCal.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts