The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here keeping Livebearers and / or Goodeids in their planted tanks?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm I will have to see how my Het colony is going. I have them in with some nezza's and it seems the last time I checked the Nezza's were taking over the tank.

Btw Jen - Thanks for the invite ;) - Great forum you have here.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have endlers in a planted tank. They do absolutely no damage. I have furcidens in another...they do lots of damage. Sunset hygro seems to be their favorite. They also really like blyxa. A third tank is lightly planted and holds my tequilas. Minimal damage so far, but they're still pretty small, and I make sure to give them lots of veggies, so maybe that's helping.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I keep guppies in my low light tank - no damage to plants. As a matter of fact, there's plenty of room for fry to hide; I'm always removing some so as not to overcrowd the tank.

·
Registered
722 Posts
i used to have swordtails .....
they actually did a good job grazing on the algae that grew on the back of my tank.....
their are some very beautiful livebearers out there and i would love to have some
if only i had the room :icon_mad:

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have feeder guppies in my cherry tank and platys in my angel tank. I love tem I have had various kind over the years. Great fun for the kids.:biggrin:

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I got some green goodeids at the latest CCAC auction. I'm running out of tank space right now though, so they're temporarily sharing quarters with some little cichlids. I'll be getting that sorted out asap! :hihi:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I keep black mollies, white mollies, and platies in my main planted tank. They don't hurt my plants at all and they help keep the algae down. The only algae I have in my tabk now is some spot algae on the front panel of glass that would need a razor blade to get it off.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have the Ameica Splendins in my plant grow out tank, some of the Montezuma Goodeids in a community grow tank, Endler's in a 5g, some Heterandria Formosa (just had babies) in a 2.5g, Guppies in one of my 55s, A pair of alverezi swords in the same tank as the Montezumas, a pair of Black Tux Swords (Which just won first place in the open class during the May Bowl Show) in a 50 hex with Angels, a bunch of swordtail fry and some red giessen guppies in a 8g rimless. All of the above are planted and they are all doing fine.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Black Mollies, Guppies, Endler's. Hopefully some Furcidens soon.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jen - Glad you picked up some stuff at the auction. :) There was a great turn out with no unwanted participants. :) Those greens should be just fine with the cichlids - I had some from 'santa maria' and they were some of the boldest fish I have kept. Let me know when you need more stock. ;)

BlueRam - Great to hear they have goodeids and other livebearers up toward seattle. ;) Do you enjoy the redtails?

CAF - If you want more livebearers / goodeids please let me know. We can always trade. :) I have some alverezi swords right now, they are a great strain! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts