The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Fresh Fish Freak
24,398 Posts
I'm moving this thread over to the vivarium section since this forum is for low tech aquarium plants rather than vivarium plants.

And I suspect you'll probably get more help on appropriate vivarium plants on a forum more specific to terrestrial plants vs aquatic plants. I imagine most if not all of the plants we're familiar with would require much too much humidity for a tarantula?

· Fresh Fish Freak
24,398 Posts
Ah, shows my ignorance of tarantulas. :icon_mrgr

Would one be OK with standing water in their tank? Even most aquarium plants that are OK grown emersed still do need their roots in water...

A Pilea might fit the bill for you? Or dwarf Mondo grass?

· Fresh Fish Freak
24,398 Posts
There are a number of new cultivars that stay pretty small, actually. I have one (Spathiphyllum "Petite") that tops out at 10" tall. I've seen Spathiphyllum "Viscount" at Lowe's before and it maxes out around 14". The true Spathiphyllum species and most common varieties do get big, but with a bit of looking, the OP should be able to find of the smaller ones.
I didn't know that- awesome! I may try and find one for one of my Crestie vivs... :thumbsup:

Fittonia is one of my all-time favorite houseplants, they're just so beautiful!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.