The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0793806550/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

Thats the book I'm talking about. It seems like a nice book to own, it is relatively recent looking since it has a picture of a CPD chowing down on some daphnia. The reviews look like they're good and mostly friends of the author (which is fine) and also are other hobbyists which is most important.

So I'm wondering, do any of you have the book or know the author?
-Andrew

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
Mike Hellwig is a regular TFH writer and really big in the aquarium club circuit, he knows his stuff.

I actually bought it a few months ago, but then a week later got an email from the distributor telling me they were out of stock. :icon_frow I haven't reordered it since, but it's one that's definitely on my "Want" list.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike Hellwig is a regular TFH writer and really big in the aquarium club circuit, he knows his stuff.

I actually bought it a few months ago, but then a week later got an email from the distributor telling me they were out of stock. :icon_frow I haven't reordered it since, but it's one that's definitely on my "Want" list.
Sounds good.

I also just found a new jem I'll probably buy after christmas

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0793806550/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

The new Auqalog Inverts book:biggrin: The one down side is it came out just as the Sulawesi shrimp and inverts became known so that information is dated a bit supposedly...

Looks like I've got some books to buy...
-Andrew

·
Aroid Addict
3,493 Posts
I have Hellweg's Live Foods book. It's an excellent reference for pretty much any types of live foods you'll find in the hobby. Most of the info I have in my Sticky in the Fish subforum came from that book.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.