The Planted Tank Forum banner

Live Cultures??? (Daphnia, White worms, Grindal Worms, brine shrimps, etc..

6967 13
I got a paired of puffer fish and bumblebee goby & I've try feeding them everything possible but they are very picky eater. The only thing I've had success with, is brine shrimp; but they are too much work, expensive & died easily.

My question is... what other alternative live culture foods can Ii feed them? I want it to be low maintenance, disease free, parasite free, easily culture, high in nutrients.? ?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I feed my dp white worms.
Grindal worms.
White worms. Clean and easy to culture, fish love em.
If you don't want to keep worms, try feeding decapsulated brine shrimp eggs.
They are very picky and only prefer live food. Why would you guys recommend your worms over other, like daphnia? Any experienced (con and pro) with culturing multiple species is much appreciated.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
white worms
pros
1. my fish eat them
2. easy
3. they eat fish food so they have at least some fish food and the nutrition of fish food in ther gut

cons of all the others
1. I don't have them
2. my fish dp will ignore the smaller worms if larger are present. full grown white worms seem the perfect size for dp
I've heard you have to put this in the fridge around 55f? around here is 74f-89f

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.