1. get plastic shoebox, get jiffy seed starter mix, get water, get 100 whiteworms
2 put 2" jiffy mix in shoebox
3. add water until wet (clumps easily but not dripping). keep it this way.
4. add white worms
5. add a little bit of fish food (some use bread and yogurt- too hard! just use fish food)
6. put shoebox in closet and forget it
7 fish food should be gone in 2 days--add some more.
8. continue 5,6 and 7, a little bit of fish food should slowly double then triple.
9. 1x a week mix up the whole mix with spoon, fingers, etc
10. in 5 weeks or so you will have thousands, i put a square piece of plastic (some suggest a CD disk case cover) on top of the jiffy mix and put the food underneath. i can usually scrape off the worms or scoop a bunch out of the substrate.