The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 3 gallon tank with a small co2 kit attached. I'm putting in very little CO2 but the drop checker has been green consistently for days. I have a betta fish in the tank and he has trouble swimming in high current so I cranked the flow down to almost non existent. Im just concerned that I'm getting very little oxygen input into the water because of this. Should I be running a bubbler at night or during the day to keep the little guy healthy?
Thanks -Heidi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Are you using a hang on back? It may give you sufficient surface agitation, but to be safe I would just try and turn the flow up as much as you can until the Betta is uncombfortable and then bring it back to the maximum point you could get it which your Betta was also combfortable with.
With sufficient flow you won't really need an airstone.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure if it's called a hang on back or not. It's a built in the wall filter. The tank is a marine land contour 3. He can only do the lowest flow setting (water is barely moving) otherwise he gets blown all over the place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.