The Planted Tank Forum banner

Little 10-million Gallon Specimen Tank

5681 21
I am starting a small simple project to grow a few underwater plants. I plan to just keep different nicely-colored crypts and small swords together in a 10 Gallon as few specimen plants.

I have a half-dozen emtpy 10s laying round, so the tank is no trouble. I plan to use the new Pierce CO2 system to provide carbon.

This kit "For Charming Aquarium" includes the micro-regulator, bubble counter, check valve, disposable 95gm CO2 cylinder and cylinder tand.

It's a bare-bones setup, but for the price it can't be beat. You can find the Pierce over at the GLA online store...

http://www.greenleafaquariums.com/complete-co2-systems/pierce-co2-system.html

More pictures soon!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I set up the system.

I am not trying to aquascape at all. I just want to get a little collection of plants going.

The Pierce was super easy to set up. I think it took me all of six minuted or so to get it running.

The diffusor is just a simple small airstone. When I turned on the gas I saw the bubbles just shoot straight to the top. To get somewhat better diffusion I moved the diffusor over right next to the intake for one of those submersible power filters so that the bubbles would get sucked up and blow around a bit more.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have two of these pierce CO2 setups, and I love them - except the diffusors. I replaced the little airstone with a nano diffusor from EBay, and it worked great. Now I just need to get some refills! Good luck and enjoy!

PS- GLA rules for carrying these! Much easier to get them now!

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think that I would want to get a better idea of how well-built this unit's regulator is before sinking too much time and money into modifications. It seems to work fine so far, but I just wonder if a complete upgrade might be a wiser tack to follow if you want to use paintball.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Im using one of those co2 setups on my 2foot, at 2bps it lasts me about 6 weeks
i went for it because it was easyer for me to get the refills then to refill a bottle

mine has a 2 gauge reg and solenoid and ph controller so i can turn it off at night

also there is a adaptor for them so they fit normail co2 bottle fittings, i have it so i can change to larger bottles if i need/want to

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.