The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 5.5 the other day, along with some rocks that I thought would match my fluorite pretty well. I popped the top off of it, and scraped away until it was nice and silicone free. After a few ideas with the hard scape, I landed on this one, and I really like the way it turned out. I added a bit of slope, with the back right as the highest point; hoping it stays that way until the plants root well enough to hold together.
Right now, there's UG, crypt, HC, rotala indica, rotala wallichii, and limniophilia aromatica. I really don't feel like the rotalas fit in this tank, and I'm leaving them in there to help cycle. I plan on pulling them, and putting blyxa japonica in the rear left.
DIY Co2 through GLA diffuser, Red Sea nano Filter, home depot 27 watt light.

And here is what you actually care about..

Pictures aren't great, but you get the gist of it.

I started with this, and learned a lot. Unfortunately, that tank began to leak, as it was old and had been abused, broken glass while removing rim, etc etc. I think I've come a long way since the beginning on that tank, and this is it's replacement. Let me know what you think!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.