The Planted Tank Forum banner

Linde REDLINE Regulator: R200/2-8SS Build

4895 9
Linde REDLINE Regulator: R200/2-8SS

Hi everyone! I wanted to share my DIY dual stage regulator build.

Parts List in order of installation:

• 5 LB. Aluminum CO2 Cylinder
  • CGA 320 Nut/Nipple
  • Linde REDLINE Regulator: R200/2-8SS
  • Stainless Steel Swagelok Pipe Fitting, Hex Long Nipple, 1/4 in. Male NPT
  • Brass Swagelok Pipe Fitting, Reducing Street Elbow, 1/4 in. Female NPT x 1/8 in. Male NPT
  • Burkert 6011 solenoid (1/8 NPT)
  • Brass Swagelok Pipe Fitting, Street Elbow, 1/8 in. Female NPT x 1/8 in. Male NPT
  • Hoke 1300 series needle valve
  • Brass Swagelok Tube Fitting, Reducer, 1/4 in. x 1/8 in. Tube OD
  • Mettleair Push to Connect Check Valve 1/4" OD
  • Mettleair Pressure Resistant Tubing
  • ADA Check Valve
  • Deep blue Silicone Tubing
  • DO!aqua CO2 Diffuse

Pictures:

Pressure testing my new regulator. Buying a used regulator on eBay has been quite the experience. The first two purchases where lemons, and I was about to give up if the Linde did not work out. But after twenty four hours the dual stage pressure test was passed.

I wired up the 24 VDC power adapter to the solenoid, also the needle valve arrived.

All parts assembled!

The Hoke 1300 series needle valve is a work of precision.

Building my own dual stage CO2 system has been deeply satisfying.

The DO!aqua CO2 Diffuse is an integrated CO2 injection system that combines a bubble counter and a diffuser. The glass diffuser diffuses CO2 in water quite efficiently.

I look forward to improved plant growth in my 20 gallon planted aquarium. I hope the pressurized CO2 addition makes my plants happy. Feels great to finally have a balanced ecosystem to promote my flora and fauna to flourish.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Very nice Chris! this is the first time I'm seeing a system with post body on the right. Congrats on the build.

· Registered
1,576 Posts
After readjusting the handle with the allen key I have my Hoke at the 15 mark for 1bps. I'm amazed at how precise the needle valve is.
what I like about this valve is the vernier handle provides a nice and steady feedback. you can easily dial into the right bps. once the desired bps is reached, this valve locks it in like a gator!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.