Linde REDLINE Regulator: R200/2-8SS
Hi everyone! I wanted to share my DIY dual stage regulator build.
Parts List in order of installation:
- 5 LB. Aluminum CO2 Cylinder
- CGA 320 Nut/Nipple
- Linde REDLINE Regulator: R200/2-8SS
- Stainless Steel Swagelok Pipe Fitting, Hex Long Nipple, 1/4 in. Male NPT
- Brass Swagelok Pipe Fitting, Reducing Street Elbow, 1/4 in. Female NPT x 1/8 in. Male NPT
- Burkert 6011 solenoid (1/8 NPT)
- Brass Swagelok Pipe Fitting, Street Elbow, 1/8 in. Female NPT x 1/8 in. Male NPT
- Hoke 1300 series needle valve
- Brass Swagelok Tube Fitting, Reducer, 1/4 in. x 1/8 in. Tube OD
- Mettleair Push to Connect Check Valve 1/4" OD
- Mettleair Pressure Resistant Tubing
- ADA Check Valve
- Deep blue Silicone Tubing
- DO!aqua CO2 Diffuse
Pressure testing my new regulator. Buying a used regulator on eBay has been quite the experience. The first two purchases where lemons, and I was about to give up if the Linde did not work out. But after twenty four hours the dual stage pressure test was passed.
I wired up the 24 VDC power adapter to the solenoid, also the needle valve arrived.
All parts assembled!
The Hoke 1300 series needle valve is a work of precision.
Building my own dual stage CO2 system has been deeply satisfying.
The DO!aqua CO2 Diffuse is an integrated CO2 injection system that combines a bubble counter and a diffuser. The glass diffuser diffuses CO2 in water quite efficiently.
I look forward to improved plant growth in my 20 gallon planted aquarium. I hope the pressurized CO2 addition makes my plants happy. Feels great to finally have a balanced ecosystem to promote my flora and fauna to flourish.