The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a 10 gallon planted shrimp tank with cherries and amanos. There are malaysian trumpet snails and ramshorn snails. I've now seen a limpet on my cherry shrimp exoskeleton. In one instance, the shrimp's skeleton was dented in.
The tank is kinda new (it's an upgrade from my 5 gal I originally had the cherries in) because I have a scud problem and I'm trying to breed amano shrimp (the scuds came back, the very next day....). I feed the shrimp like, every other day some dennerle shrimp food and just got mineral junkie.
Has anyone ever heard of limpets attaching to cherry shrimp like that? Any suggestions on what to do?
Thanks,
chi

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so I was so surprised that I didn't take a pic of the limpets on the shrimp at the time. I'm keeping an eye out for it to happen again. I did take a picture the next day of the shrimp with the dent in her shell which I will share. I have limpets on my glass and when I took this off, it had that dome shape and looked like those that are on the shell. The 2nd one was really on the shrimp and required me to use more force from the syringe. I basically took a baby syringe with the larger opening, caught the shrimp in a net, then tried to gently pin it down while pulling up the plunger. I also got 1 egg out of her but put that in my breeder box with my amano shrimp.
The tank only has the cherries and amanos. I haven't seen anything on the amanos so far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.