The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone,

I purchased some l. aromatica a few days ago from the LFS and I'm a little worried about my purchase.

The bottom leaves on the stem were in horrible shape. Half of them were transparent and limp and the others were purple but either were limp, had holes, or were slowly fading to a clearish tone.

The stems however, and the top portions looked healthy. I brought them home and picked off the lower unhealthy leaves and planted them in my substrate. The plant has not improved at all per se but i want to make sure that it can be revived.

What do you all recommend i do with this plant? is it hopeless to a point where i shouldn't even bother?

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I would cut (with a sharp as possible edge) up on the stem until it looks healthy and re-plant. In the past I have used a plastic souffle cup and poked small pin holes in the bottom, filled with sand and re potted LAs. In a couple weeks just pull em out and replant in the substrate. It kinda gives em a head start rooting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.