The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I think it's melting.
The bases of the leaves are going translucent, so I'm assuming it's having a meltdown.

It's been in the tank for about a month and hasn't really shown signs of getting off the ground yet, i.e. it's not growing much, if at all.

I've got 3wpg co2 at about 15ppm, dosing EI and everything else in the tank is going gangbusters.

What am I doing wrong?

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
holy cow! i didn't know it's an aquarium plant!
I eat it all the time. I hope you didn't spend too much on it. You can go to a vietnamese grocery store and buy a bunch for a few dollars.

well, thanks for letting me know the scientific name. I know what i'll be doing tomorrow...

I'm thinking the melting might be that it's not a true aquatic plant.. It might need some time on dry land.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I don't think they're alive at the grocery store or salvageable. But that is very interesting that you can eat this stuff! When I get some of this stuff, I might actually try it (of course, after washing it very very well... hahaha).

I wonder what other aquatic plants are edible or even smokable! Hmmmm.........

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
I don't think they're alive at the grocery store or salvageable. But that is very interesting that you can eat this stuff! When I get some of this stuff, I might actually try it (of course, after washing it very very well... hahaha).

I wonder what other aquatic plants are edible or even smokable! Hmmmm.........
It's salvagable...it just takes some time change into submersed growth. However, it doesn't look the same as the common type you see in planted tanks. The type found in grocery stores has broader leaves and is just green even in high light.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I got an order that came with emersed grown limno and it's ugly compared to the submersed grown. Also I have seen it in the markets too and when I first got my order I had to email the guy to make sure cause of the looks.

Mine is slowly transitioning to submersed now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.