The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a piece of Limnophila (Ambulia) and a small Ceratopteris thalictroides. I was looking in Petsmart, but never found. I am in Virginia.

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
Hi ufimych,

I can do the Ceratopteris thalictroides, I have a couple of nice 14" plants and maybe some smaller ones I need to move out to make some room. The only Limnophila I have is Limnophila aromatica. Is there anything else you are looking for? BTW, all my plants are snail free.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wonderful! Thank you for the reply. Would you be able to ship them live in Virginia? Do you want to trade? How much do you want for the both species. L. aromatica is OK. I never had one, but I hope it would grow in my tanks.

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
Hi ufimych,

I apologize, we are having a roof put on this week and things are a little crazy. I will send you a PM with picture this evening. You have not been forgotten!

-Roy

·
Nerd Alert.
5,719 Posts
FYI, Limnophila sessiflora (Asian Ambulia) is illegal to ship as it is on the federal noxcious weed list.

Just to let you know!

Limnophila aromactica is fine though, and if I know Roy, you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here, in Virginia, we have ice on all ponds and rivers every winter. All tropicals have no chance to survive. Many good aquarium plants can be obtained for free in Florida. Just go and look in canals, ditches, etc. Some good fish are out there as well. By the way, I had a friend in Oklahoma, who got a parcel from GB. The guy in England wrote right on the box: "WALKIING STICKS" (!) a federal quarantine group of insects. The box was delivered without problems...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Roy, it is such a nice feeling to be not forgotten. We are at far away coasts of the continent. I would really love to have L. aromatica and C. thalictroides. How much I should pay you for them? I hope they will be delivered live.

·
Nerd Alert.
5,719 Posts
Here, in Virginia, we have ice on all ponds and rivers every winter. All tropicals have no chance to survive. Many good aquarium plants can be obtained for free in Florida. Just go and look in canals, ditches, etc. Some good fish are out there as well. By the way, I had a friend in Oklahoma, who got a parcel from GB. The guy in England wrote right on the box: "WALKIING STICKS" (!) a federal quarantine group of insects. The box was delivered without problems...
You might be able to get away with it, its just the ethical and legal part of it. If you get caught, thats a lot of money you have to pay for shipping such a tiny plant, if you don't get caught, thats still breaking the law. Even if the plants have no chance of survival if they are released into the wild.

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
Hi ufimych,

Here is a picture of the snail free Ceratopteris thalictroides and Limnophila aromatica that I pulled from my tank just now. I have sent you a PM.

Thanks,
-Roy

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just ordered three species from a company, cheap, $12 with the shipping. Will try Hydrotriche hottoniiflora, Ambulia (Limnophila indica or aquatica) and Limnophila aromatica. They are good for both as spawning substrate and for landscaping in tanks.

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
Hi ufimych,

Your package was delivered at 1:40pm this afternoon. Shipped the 1st, delivered on the 3rd...two days Seattle to Virginia......not bad at all!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts