The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think there is something deficient. The tops are light washed-out green, while the bottom leaves are a darker green.

It originally looked a little stunted so I now do 2 pumps (instead of 1ea) each of Root Medic Mac and Mic (Mon, Wed, Fri), and 1ml Flourish Iron everyday. The substrate is AquaSoil, currently no root tabs. So now the leaves look normal sized but still washed out in color.

On the side of the tank it is on (left side), it has a 27w lamp, originally 10" above water level, but then the Limno started melting from the bottom so I had to push the light down, so now it is 6.5" above water level, and it stopped melting so I leave it down. One the right side is a 15w lamp about 6" above. 10 hour photo-period.

CO2 is bright yellow. Filter is set to maximum flow. 5.5g.

I do have a Green Dust and Green Spot algae problem in this tank.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
how are the Ca levels in your tank? i have the same plant and it gets twisted leaves if i don't dose enough Ca, but you should also see a twist to the stem as well, in your case i don't see any twist to the stem.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
The GH is zero? You're one of the rare cases where a GH booster is probably necessary. There needs to be some Ca and Mg in the water.

Just FYI leaves on many plants tend to be lighter colored under high light and darker in the less intensely lit parts of the tank. Obviously they die if the light level is too low.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.