The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Would anyone be interested in sandstone?

I have a bunch of it in varies sizes, from small, medium,large and extra large.
Willing to ship or pickup.
Here is what it looks like in my tank.

After searching google, it looks as if the rock is sandstone. Limestone doesnt have the coloring that i have.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
If the water in Rockford Ill is like the water in Indiana, the ph might be beyond what the ph test is registering. A high scale ph test might register a difference. Alot of the midwest is sitting on a slab of limestone. For those folks, a limestone rock might not change the water to much. Somebody from NYC or the mid atlantic might not be happy with those stones. This is all assuming that those stones are indeed limestone. Those stones are very cool looking though.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Then, I don't think it's limestone.

It might not be, That was the best I.D that Myself and others could come up with after searching... The pH, GH, did not change once the rock was added. Maybe sandstone??

I bought it form a Local Petstore that went out of business and they didnt have it classified as what type of rock it was.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If the water in Rockford Ill is like the water in Indiana, the ph might be beyond what the ph test is registering. A high scale ph test might register a difference. Alot of the midwest is sitting on a slab of limestone. For those folks, a limestone rock might not change the water to much. Somebody from NYC or the mid atlantic might not be happy with those stones. This is all assuming that those stones are indeed limestone. Those stones are very cool looking though.

When I first testes my pH I accidentally used the High Range PH test. My High range test kit starts at 7.4 - 8.6. Low range is 6.0 -7.6.

I just tested my waters PH and Hardness. The pH is 7.8, the GH is 150 which is moderatly hard water. My water depeartment sends us a letter showing the GH,PH, iron etc in our water each year. Their tests are for GH are a little over 200. Im sure my water softener helps out with that.

·
Registered
165 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
No biggie the results were still the same.
I'm sorry...the little icon was to represent what I had bolded in your quote, not that you might have used a wrong card or whatever. :smile:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.