The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I plan to get a Fluval FV6 canister filter, but I want to use a lily pipe. I found a 20mm or 3/4" one, but I know the canister filter hose is not 20mm or 3/4". It is one inch. I found the correct size clear aquarium filter hose from ADA. I guess my question is it possible to get an adapter of some type to convert the one inch hose on the Fluval to work with the lily pipe? The problem is I am unsure how to go about it and I am also worried about leaking. I am not not that great at these kinds of things, but I have a friend who will help me fix this if I know the exact items I need or if this will even work. Would you happen to know if it's possible and the sizes and set up to go about it. I thought about using the heater listed below and convert it to an inline one, but I have no idea how. I thought solve one difficult issue before going on to another. I do not mind so much the heater being in the tank since I plan to plant , but I know aesthetically, it would be better outside the tank. Since I have not purchased this canister filter yet, should I stick with it since I know it's very good or find an alternate one that already has an inline heater. I know these are a lot of questions. I am just a beginner and could use any help or advice. My real passion is plants, but I have never planted in an aquarium before.

Apart from these items, I am using a GLA Pro-DS1 CO2 dual stage system, Pentair Aquatics 80 watt UV sterilizer, Gyre XF350 pump, and a 600 watt titanium Bulk Reef heater. For lights, I am using two Prime 16 LED Aqua Illumination Freshwater lighting.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Hello. I plan to get a Fluval FV6 canister filter, but I want to use a lily pipe. I found a 20mm or 3/4" one, but I know the canister filter hose is not 20mm or 3/4". It is one inch. I found the correct size clear aquarium filter hose from ADA. I guess my question is it possible to get an adapter of some type to convert the one inch hose on the Fluval to work with the lily pipe? The problem is I am unsure how to go about it and I am also worried about leaking. I am not not that great at these kinds of things, but I have a friend who will help me fix this if I know the exact items I need or if this will even work. Would you happen to know if it's possible and the sizes and set up to go about it. I thought about using the heater listed below and convert it to an inline one, but I have no idea how. I thought solve one difficult issue before going on to another. I do not mind so much the heater being in the tank since I plan to plant , but I know aesthetically, it would be better outside the tank. Since I have not purchased this canister filter yet, should I stick with it since I know it's very good or find an alternate one that already has an inline heater. I know these are a lot of questions. I am just a beginner and could use any help or advice. My real passion is plants, but I have never planted in an aquarium before.

Apart from these items, I am using a GLA Pro-DS1 CO2 dual stage system, Pentair Aquatics 80 watt UV sterilizer, Gyre XF350 pump, and a 600 watt titanium Bulk Reef heater. For lights, I am using two Prime 16 LED Aqua Illumination Freshwater lighting.

Thanks.
Unless I am misunderstanding you just need to convert from 1" tube to 3/4" tube. Its pretty simple the thing you are looking for is called a 'reducer' there are several types but its easy enough to use a 'barbed reducer' and that way you can keep using flexible hoses. You will also need some 3/4" vinyl tubing of course to connect between the reducer and your lily pipes.

Here is one example of the reducer though there are many out there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unless I am misunderstanding you just need to convert from 1" tube to 3/4" tube. Its pretty simple the thing you are looking for is called a 'reducer' there are several types but its easy enough to use a 'barbed reducer' and that way you can keep using flexible hoses. You will also need some 3/4" vinyl tubing of course to connect between the reducer and your lily pipes.

Here is one example of the reducer though there are many out there.

Thanks for your help. Do you put the heater in your tank or do you have one in your filter? I was looking at Enheim, but I can't find them for sale in the US with the heater. They are on Amazon, but unavailable.

Also, what filter do you use or do you think is the best one?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.