The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok smart plumbers…I have broken the adjustable rotating part of the intake several times. I glued them back and even bought extra ones to have on hand, those broke too. I came home last night and apparently we lost power for a bit so pump suction was lost and they were resting on the bottom of the tank. One side is broken at the base as in the picture, the other side is hard to get it in past the black o-ring.
I need a quick fix to keep them on..a clamp of some sort? What do you all recommend?
Also, looking into the metal lily pipes, which brand is reliable?
Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Ok smart plumbers…I have broken the adjustable rotating part of the intake several times. I glued them back and even bought extra ones to have on hand, those broke too. I came home last night and apparently we lost power for a bit so pump suction was lost and they were resting on the bottom of the tank. One side is broken at the base as in the picture, the other side is hard to get it in past the black o-ring.
I need a quick fix to keep them on..a clamp of some sort? What do you all recommend?
Also, looking into the metal lily pipes, which brand is reliable?
Thanks everyone!
Can't see the picture and I'm not sure exactly what you are talking about. I have bought several brands of metal lily pipe online. Most of the ones I bought do not have skimmers so they are just metal tubes that have been bent. All are reliable. The one that did have a skimmer is by Jardli and it is definitely nice. You can find several options on amazon. Good luck.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Never had an issue inserting or removing mine but you could try dipping it in hot water for a couple seconds to loosen it. O-ring lubrication sounds like a good idea.

·
Banned
76 Posts
Had it once with the skimmer, it was a nightmare for the skimmer to work. Returned right away.
This was my experience as well. The adjustable models work quite a bit better for me. As others suggested I'd use some silicone/epoxy. Won't come back apart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.