The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased a 13 mm lily pipe set, and they sent me only the intake and forgot the actual lily pipe. I am in the middle of resolving this with them now.

My question is if there are any connectors that will allow me to connect the hose to the glass or am I just supposed to be able to slide the tubing over the glass? I am unable to do this now as there is just not enough flex in my current tubing. Are there any butt connectors of any sort or should I be looking to purchase some tubing that will slide over the glass and still fit my canister?

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heat the end of your tubing with boiling water, it will soften enough to easily slip onto the lily pipe.
Good idea! I never thought to do this and quite relieved that I didn't have to spend more money on plumbing parts etc. haha The water is boiling now and will give it a try. Thanks!

·
Registered
347 Posts
it'll work. just be carfull when you take the tubing off to clean the pipes and tubing. it's going to be a tight fit once the tubing cools. you'll want to heat the tubing to take off the pipes. you don't need boiling water just the hottest tap water. use something to stretch out the end of the tubing and make sure the tubing is wet. this will allow the pipes to slide in without too much force and you wont have to worry about brakeing the pipes. once the tubing cools it'll shrink back to normal size makeing it water tight.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it did work guys...unfortunately I just snapped the intake piece near the bottom by accidentally tapping it on the tank glass when I was trying to adjust the hose length. FML! Can't believe it! I'm livid : \ I just emailed the guys who are sending me the other piece of the set to send me another intake piece as well now. [censored][censored][censored][censored].

·
Registered
347 Posts
if you use hot water to heat it up it's not a big deal. plus it's till a waste after the tubing gets too short to connect to the filter what do you do with it, throw it away? the tubing is sheep however it's still wasting money if you cut it every time you clean the pipes or tubing

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Heat it and attach as mentioned above, when removing cut off the tube about an inch off the pipe then cut it up the middle and it will come off rather easy. At least for me it always has and I clean my pipes every month replacing the tubes because they get dark brown crud that makes the flow virtually trickle down to nothing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.