The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an ADA V style inflow lily pipe. It's a great pipe but two of my pygmy of my pygmy corries fell prey to my filters suction. As a result, I had to create a pre-filter in order to prevent such an occurrence to happen again. Problem is, that pre filter is very FUGLY and I would like to know if there's a way around it.

Recently, I found out that Do!Aqua sells poppy inflow lily pipes for $50. I really don't want to shell out THAT much so I searched elsewhere. To my surprise, Flo has their own poppy looking inflow lily pipe and I'm wondering what are people's experience with it? Will it provide adequate suction for my filter and yet be safe for the smaller critters?

Oh, the filter that I was running when my corries had their lives sucked out of them was an Eheim 2213.... I'm planning to upgrade it to a 2026. Will it still be safe with a poppy?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I use the Flo inflow pipe on a eheim 2217, it has one slit on bottom and then two tiny holes above the "ball" part. Works exceptionally well. I don't think a pygmy cory could get sucked through it. Also when you upgrade, you can always throttle down the filter by reducing the outflow on the double tap connectors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.