The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm putting a tank together and am in the process of gathering all pieces and parts to do so. The tank is a 14-gallon cube measuring 15"x15"x15". I am going to order an OASE 100 with the heater built into it. So here inlays my dilemma. The size and shape of the lily pipe to use. Now I know the pipe size has to is 13mm but do I use a full size set or a nano set. also what type of pipe would a spindown work best for this size tank? not even sure if this filter is the right size for this tank I have never worked with a tank this size. The plan for this tank is nano fish
like ember tetras and shrimp if that helps.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hello everyone. I'm putting a tank together and am in the process of gathering all pieces and parts to do so. The tank is a 14-gallon cube measuring 15"x15"x15". I am going to order an OASE 100 with the heater built into it. So here inlays my dilemma. The size and shape of the lily pipe to use. Now I know the pipe size has to is 13mm but do I use a full size set or a nano set. also what type of pipe would a spindown work best for this size tank? not even sure if this filter is the right size for this tank I have never worked with a tank this size. The plan for this tank is nano fish
like ember tetras and shrimp if that helps.

Hi we are in parallel set up mode right now almost. I am in the process of setting up my 12 gallon long with a Oase thermo100 (built in heater) filter :)
Well the included in lights and outlets are very nicely made with flow valve built into them, like you I just want clear however I do not like fragile glass lily pipes.

I found a seller on eBay that sells the same exact clear plastic pipe 13mm OD.
So I will be bending my own custom lily pipes with a heat gun and pipe bending spring.
Here is my 4 g cube i did the same thing.
These tubes were sized for a zoomed nano10 filter.

I found this on online and will be using it connected to the custom inlet pipe and then i will design my own lily outlet .

If you were doing CO2 I would use a spinner outlet. However otherwise I would use a wide mouth lily outlet pointed up to surface to help with gas exchange.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply. I was thinking of CO2 but was nervous about the complete lack of surface movement a spinner would give me. Do they bray the surface at all? The size I should get also eludes me. Is a 14 gallon cube considered a nano or should I go with the full size?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts