The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Lilly that has produced 2 shoots. Now have 3 Lilly's with long stems.

If I cut the stems will shorter ones grow back soon?
What is the best way to prune a lilly?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I've had mine about only 6 months, but I've trimmed it quite a bit. All I do is cut the stem of high growing leaves as close to the base/substrate as possible. It ussually starts growing more leaves within the next couple days. After cutting all the high growng leaves it seems to train the plant and most of the leaves stay low. Every now and then a leaf will try and shoot up and I just trim it.

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
I've had mine about only 6 months, but I've trimmed it quite a bit. All I do is cut the stem of high growing leaves as close to the base/substrate as possible. It ussually starts growing more leaves within the next couple days. After cutting all the high growng leaves it seems to train the plant and most of the leaves stay low. Every now and then a leaf will try and shoot up and I just trim it.
Agreed. Do keep one leaf though... The plant will learn and keep growing, assuming everthing else is good. Lights, ferts...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.