The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been cold lately, very cold and i have my tank near the window but its covered from the sunlight to prevent algae i have 3 wpg

i have my diy c02 near the window and its been getting so cold that it doesn't work anymore and i notice that where was little strands on hair on my glass thats very hard to see its green when i rub it ... is there any way to stop this or should i buy excel? any id of the algae its only on my glass

·
Registered
612 Posts
I had the same problem with DIY CO2. I fixed it by putting a heating pad on one side and a baby blanket around the co2 bottle. It keeps the mixture warm enough for the yeast. I just turn the heating pad off an hour before lights out.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
afadaas

Now i see dust algae on my glass only on the lower part and i spoted hair algae or staghorn algae on my dwarf saggs and bits of my stem plants and lil hair algae again on my glass .. the hair algae on my glass is easy to clean up

the algae on the glasses makes the glass look fuzzy even though its not alot i wanna get rid of it

i got 4 amano and 1 cherry but i dont see them eating any algae ill post pictures if anyone needs them

i got 3.0 wpg and my c02 i dont know its ciy but i think its going good.. i fertilerized iron,which i jus found out not to until the tank balances it self .... 12 hours of lights should i lower it/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.