The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 6ft. 125gl. tank with 520 watts over it. I am using Ferts and Co2 pressurized. 2 weeks back I had some BBA on the Lava rocks that make up my back wall and a few spots on my Nana, so I turned off one row of light (the closest to the back wall ) giving me 390 watts. I also purchased some CAE instead of the SAE :icon_redf by mistake, Since then I have returned the CAE and waiting on a shipment of SAE. In the mean time I have been having an issue with my Diffuser getting clogged. So I made a Co2 reactor using Rex's DIY guide. My plants seem to be thriving and pearling every day. But now I have massive Algae growth on my back lava wall and Nana's it's also about to consume my A. Swords. I have been doing the EI method to a "T". The only major change in my setup as of late is I started to feed blood worms to my 5 rams and 2 pictus cats and the new Reactor, I also did switch from crushed coral in my canister to carbon. Non the less It is becoming quite a mess in their I believe I have BGA now and string algae forming. To try and remedy the new algae BOOM I have since removed a light fixture and am down to 260 watts. Anyone have any other advice? I have been dosing.... +/-1 1/2Tsp-KN03 3x a week
+/- 1/2Tsp-KH2P04 3x a week
+/- 1/2Tsp-K2S04 3x a week
+/- 30ml-Trace 3x a week Palntex+B I also feed twice a day. I will test ammonia today as I read this may be a big fert for Algae. I did just do my +/-50% water change on Saturday BTW.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.