The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have finally decided on what I am doing with this 10 gallon planted tank with cherry shrimp and neons. I have three options that I am considering

Option #1: Fluorescent light strip 20" (I believe will fit 15W T8) with a thin glass lid/top appx 1/8th thick

Option #2: Full hooded Canopy (plastic type with built in fluorescent light (fits 15W T8)

Option #3: Stick with a CFL Clip on light (http://www.petsandponds.com/en/aquarium-supplies/c5813/c64280/p17626786.html)

Thoughts on which option would look best? I'll be honest I was leaning towards the glass lid, but I welcome suggestions!

**If Im not mistaken, this puts me in the high end of low light and low end of med light (as my light would be 10-12 inches from tank bottom)

·
Registered
2,245 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
2,585 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
The advantage of the screw-in type light is that you can change light intensity by selecting different wattage bulbs. With the fluorescent type, you are stuck if you want more light.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.