The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 7 gallon rimless cube and I am really confused on what lighting I should choose.
Mainly because lots of information says you need at least 1.5 Watt/Gallon to achieve medium light.
This means to achieve medium light I need to get a 10+ watt light.
BUT most finnex led light(fudgeray, planted+) fit to my tank (11.9*11.9*11.9) are less than 5 Watts.
What should I choose?
Does this 1.5 Watts/Gallon rule apply only to fluorescent light or also on led light?
I am really confused, thanks for anyone who helps.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just found some info on the par reading of a wave-point 8 watt micro sun led. On a 5 gallon(12'' from light to substrate) it reads about 80-95.
So for my 7 gallon cube which is about the same height it should be considered medium to high light(I can always adjust the light higher).

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I just found some info on the par reading of a wave-point 8 watt micro sun led. On a 5 gallon(12'' from light to substrate) it reads about 80-95.
So for my 7 gallon cube which is about the same height it should be considered medium to high light(I can always adjust the light higher).
Low light - 15-30 micromols of PAR - CO2 is not needed, but is helpful to the plants
Medium light - 35-50 micromols of PAR - CO2 may be needed to avoid too many nuisance algae problems
High light - more than 50 micromols of PAR - pressurized CO2 is essential to avoid major algae problems

Definitely High light. It will keep you busy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.