The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
With a shallow tank like a 20L your probably fine with the Finnex 24/7. It's will have enough power for most plants. If you don't care about the bells/whistles than a twinstar is a good light, but don't know if it comes in 30". I actually have a 30" Finnex 24/7 CC suspending over my tank. Once you learn the remote, it's pretty easy to program. I also have an ONF Flat One that has bluetooth but I don't think that comes in 30". Once set I barely use the remote (Finnex) or my phone (ONF) via bluetooth.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
@bigtrout nailed it explaining the 3 hour blocks (he beat me to it, LOL.) As mentioned it's a ramp up or a fade to the next intensity. So you don't have to worry about having the lights on too long as you can make the intensity extremely low. I actually have some intensity going for 18 out of 24 hrs. Would have preferred bluetooth via phone to see actual intensity, etc, but that's usually another price point and as bigtrout and I both mentioned, you really don't use the remote once your dialed in. It's pretty good value for the money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts