The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have 2 of the 48" finnex ALC on my 75 and am very happy with them. Great color, nice reds, good par. They seem to use a clean 6500-7000k white, and have seperate RGB diodes with the reds being 660nm. As far as the programming when power goes out, when power comes back on they resume where they left off in the cycle, great if its a power blink, not so great if its a long outage.
As far as the 3 hour blocks go, id have liked to have had 1 hour increments but to me its a minor niggle. If you are worried about nine hours keep in mind how the 3 hour blocks work.

For example if we program 9am to be 0 intensity, Noon to be 100, 3pm to be 100, and 6pm to be 0, it will take 3 hours from 9am til noon to fully ramp up, you will be at full intensity for 3 hours from noon til 3 and then you have 3 hours worth of ramp down. So you get 9 hours of light with only 3hours at full intensity and the other 6 average about 50 percent. With a little tweaking on intensities, i think this isnt as limiting as it sounds in real terms, and i have mine dialed in to my tank. Usually with a planted tank once you get light dialed in, you leave it be so bluetooth apps, etc are more showy toys than anything and after playing for a day or two dont get much real use.

I would tell you that if you have red fish or plants 660nm leds are awesome. And the iredescence on my congo tetras pops alot more under my ALCs than my old DA Fspec Beamsworks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts