The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 96 watt compact fluorescent and a 30 watt standard fluorescent light strip over my 50 gallon aquarium. This equals 126 watts, which is 2.52 watts/gallon. My question is, should I upgrade my 30 watt strip to 96 watts? This would give me a new total of 192 watts and 3.84 watts/gallon. I also have pressurized co2. The only reason I am considering this change is becuase Im afraid that my combamba and anacharis are not getting enought light. The reason I believe this is because, the combamba grows but is brownish in color and the anacharis always seems to become brownish near the bottom of the stem. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
I think you have plenty of light for those plants, especially the anacharis. What fertilizing do you do, and do you use CO2?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use seachmen products bi weekly, I use K, Fe, trace, phosphorus, nitrogen, and flourish as indicated on the back of the bottle. I then do a 50 water change weekly. I also use co2 going at about 3-4 bps. Could it be maybe I just don't have my lighting properly on top of the hood because, the combamba and anacharis are positioned in the background.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts