The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an econimical option to help bring out reds and blues. At the moment I have a 38 gallon with two 70watt halides over it. I will be doing HC emmersed for the next month, so I have time to put something together. The two halides are installed in a custom canopy, but because of the way I built it I cannot fit 36"bulbs in there with end caps.

I've been toying with the idea of either two 24" high output T5's retrofits, one or two 30" T8 bulbs with reflectors, or the 36 X 2 PC set from AHsupply. I've been checking ebay and other forums for any deals I can find on used equipment. Yes i know it's alot of light but i'm only going to be running the halides for a four hour burst on their own and the tank has injected CO2 with a needlewheel. The supplemental lights will be on for an hour before and after the halides come on and also for personal viewing. I'd use the GE 9325K's but that be too much "supplemental" light at 110 watts. Suggestions on bulbs keeping in mind i'd like to keep costs down?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not looking to run the lights at the same time together, i know it's alot of light already. With the lights i have on it now i'd only be able to have them on 3 to 4 hours, 6 max when everything is grown in and stabalized. I'm looking for bulb suggestions to bring out the plant and fish colors best and increase my viewing period by allowing a longer photo period with less intensity. 70 watt bulbs below the 10000k range are hard to come by. If anyone knows of some i'd love to hear about them too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.