The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am looking to upgrade lights on a 33g long. I currently have a 48" odyssea t5ho 4 bulb fixture that I only run 2 bulbs on. I know I want leds and something with moonlights. This tank is in my bedroom so I don't need any 24/7 features (cant sleep if its not totally dark). I've looked at both the finnex and current usa lights. Can anyone tell the differences in expected par at a 12" depth? This will need to be a high light setup running co2 (diy for now and switching to pressurised in a few months)

·
Registered
215 Posts
The only Current light that will get you to high light is the Satellite Plus Pro, the Satellite Plus won't get there. The Finnex 24/7 will probably get you to high medium light with such a shallow tank, but it has no adjustment capability if you want to use the schedule: The two options for the 24/7 are to program a light intensity manually or to run their preset 24 hour program. The Satellite Plus Pro allows you to program the intensities and looks for both mid-day as well as moon-lights, and set the schedule as well - it also has more output that the 24/7 - it would get you solidly in to high light for a 33 long. You may still be able to find and Ecoxotic E series for a good deal, they have similar capabilities to the Satellite Plus Pro, but were recently discontinued and cleared out. You can also look at DSUNY and Beamsworks - sounds like a lot of people have been happy with them.

-Justin

·
Banned
40 Posts
I was in the exact place you are in when I was looking for lights. My tank only has the Zetlight strip light models. My light does have moonlight setting, but I believe with the controller, you can be able to have the light perform a daily light setting cycle. I have yet to try it out, but I seen videos and reviews and I'm pretty impressed with it. Mine is 30" long but I believe they also carry lights that are 48". Check out my review of the light: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/10-lighting/1030809-why-i-chose-zetlight-my-led-lighting-review.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.