The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 2x AquaFlora and 2x Midday Giesemann bulbs for the Current Nova Extreme 4x54W T5HO fixture. This is on 2"-3" stock legs over a 55g tank that is 17 inches deep.

I was wondering what lighting schedule I should have it. The light fixture has 2 switches for 2 banks of bulbs. Should I go full on for a shorter period of time or half and half with a "noon" burst?

I have pressurized CO2 and modified EI dosing.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I'll try for 8 hours total. So I guess it'll be a bit of experimenting and watching for algae. I was thinking the burst was the healthiest option but I didn't know for how long.

Anyone else want to pitch in some advice or is the general consensus with oldpunk78?

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I've only run 2 of the 4 bulbs over my 90 for the last 4 months. Makes my life so much easier. With all 4 bulbs the tank was a chore to keep up with.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:thumbsup:

Thanks for the input. I've set it up for 8 hours total, with a 3 hour "morning", 2 hour "noon" and a 3 hour "evening", all rotated between 2 sets of 2 bulbs so that each set will have an even amount of "burn".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.