The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi yall i was wondering about my lights. I have a dual t5 normal output fixture with one 10k and one 420 blue actinic totalling 56 watts, 48 in. Long fixture too. If. Put a single fixture t5ho 10k with the dual fixture would that be to much light for my plants? Currently i have in my tank about 12 bleheris, 3 anubias 4 moss balls,one broadleaf amazon. With that much light would i have to move to a co2 injected tank or will my current lquid carbon be fine?i dose excel everyother day plus my ferts.
Thanks
Dfish

·
Registered
403 Posts
I wouldn't think so. I have the 24" with dual 6500k on my 5.5 and I'm growing things slowly but no algae to speak of. I have a betta and malasian snails in that tank. I used to have a nerite but it died and I haven't gotten another one.

I would trade out the actinic light for a 6500k daylight spectrum bulb.

edit: If you look at my mini m journal I have a picture of that tank on the left of the 2 I have running. It's kind of dim due to A. Floaters and B. one of the 6500k bulbs burned out and the fixture won't run without it, so I stuck in the old colormax bulb which isn't as bright.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Hard to say without knowing how far it is from the bulbs to the sub.
But there will be a bit of glair from that 10,000K bulb.
Without knowing the depth of your tank, I'd suggest you try something different first.
Get a "Flora" bulb in the True Lumen brand from Doctors Foster & Smith on-line and
trade it out for the actinic bulb. Put that bulb in the front of the fixture.Far cheaper than a new fixture and at that price you can get two of them for the same price you would pay for one T5 48" bulb in a store. Awesome color also...not pink like the bulb looks. Bet you put both in after you see it with one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.