The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the lighting gurus on pt, would 247 watts or 3.29333 wpg be enough light to grow say... blyxa japonica and hc with everything else such as co2 and fertilizing being in order, over a 75 gallon that is 18in tall?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump:help:

·
Registered
223 Posts
More than enough. The larger the tank, the less overall light it needs. The factors that play the most significant role are intensity (light type itself & proper reflectors) and coverage. Your goal is to use light efficiently, not bombard the tank with sheer wattage.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its rh supply kits with 5000k ad 6700k bulbs so the reflector is pretty d*** good quality

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bump please!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
awesome! speaking of which... arent you selling the rhinox co2 diffusers? (threadjacks own thread:flick: )

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm growing HC and blyxa japonica nicely with only 108watts of T5 lighting in my 60 gallon tank. Its not explosive growth but it is steady.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I'm growing blyxa and HC in my 90g that's running 216w (2.4wpg). Don't worry about the wpg rule for larger tanks. It really doesn't measure up.
ah supply kits are pretty good and the reflectors are about the best there is. I'd say you could get away with even less.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats good to know because depending on how my canopy turns out i may only have 192 watts if i dont have space for the 55watt kit too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts